vormel
vormel
Hellhound (70)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
08:34:03 Aug 31 2023
Read 120 times

In the human beings civilization, the Ethical question has evolved from considering an universal morality (God's Law or Natural Law) to a subjective morality, based on agreements, on the laws of each country or on the concept that each one has about what is Good or what is Bad. All this has given rise to many discussions and even wars.

But what happens in our vampire civilization, is there an Ethic, is it common to human Ethics or does it differ?

I take it for granted that, in the 21st century, we -vampires- have atrophied our need to feed on blood in exchange for other substitutes (red meat, life energy or similar). But this may change if an hypothetical "vampire resurrection" were to occur. In any case, today, we do not go out at night to hunt humans to suck their blood. This is so. So, is there an Ethic that regulates the relations between us -vampires- and between us and humans?

And if there were such an Ethic, what would it be based on, on what criteria, what are the notions of Good, Evil, Beauty, Truth, Unity, etc. that we vampires have?

I would be very grateful to read your reflections on the matter. Ave.

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (157)
Honor: 80
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
01:40:33 Sep 08 2023
Read 103 times

I can't speak for others, but I've never been able to "substitute" my necessity for fresh blood. Granted, I can also utilize other talents, but my overall health is still fully dependent on the ingestion of blood. And trust me, I have been trying to find something for a substitute for years on end, and I still haven't figured out or found anything.
However, I will also say that while the necessity for blood will never go away (especially for myself), it does also biologically give me quite an advantage over most I've known, as I've learned that the more sustained or nourished I am, the stronger my talents become. Otherwise, I have to struggle with almost anything of daily life. Thus, I use other methods I've found to slow my metabolism just enough for me to manage (which becomes more difficult to accomplish with each passing day, I might add).

But in terms of "ethics", well, that's another concept entirely, in my mind.
Most humans, of course, will have their own ethics, regardless of the alleged ethics they claim to be brought up with. But a vampire is going to have an entirely different code. Hence, the design and creation of "The Black Veil", among other things; granted, the supposed "original Black Veil" is a bit ridiculous (they added things only for the sake of making it the number 13), but the simple fact of it is that it was designed and pretty much made a societal law (and anyone who questions that one can feel free to look it up (let me know if you need a little direction, by the way)) among people who consider themselves "real vampires" - and it is also usually held pretty strongly, in the hands or minds of those who deem themselves "vampire society" or anything of the like.

The generalized code of the vampire's "Black Veil" is essentially nothing more than rules of common sense, but it wasn't simply designed for vampires. It was designed more for those who question and fear the idea of a vampire simply sinking his or her teeth into anyone who isn't wanting to be "fed" from.

•  REPLY  •

POST RESPONSE

•   QUOTE  •   QUOTE HELP  •  

POST PREVIEW

•  CLOSE PREVIEW  •  
Post preview does not reflect tags that may be stripped out after you post. What HTML tags you can use depends on your membership type. More information.

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.1018 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X